British Airways requires on-site Java C++ Developers (UK)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITYS
* Review and evaluate Business requirements and translate into effective technical solutions.
* Recommend how a specific technology is used during the design and development process.
* Design and develop web and standalone applications leveraging Java, the Spring framework, the J2EE platform Weblogic and Fatwire or Broadvision CMS..
* Undertake appropriate levels of unit testing and assist with live implementation.
* Ensure that all changes and enhancements meet agreed quality, performance and architectural standards.
* Provide high level technical input for the efficient and effective resolution of problems considering business priorities.
* Provide 3rd level technical application support.
* 2-5 years commercial experience of developing applications in a B2C / E-commerce environment.
* Experience in Microsoft C++ including MFC.
* Good understanding of Spring based technologies including the core Spring framework and ideally Spring web services and Spring MVC.
* Ability to use source control systems such as Subversion or CVS.
* Relational database design and development (ideally using Oracle) with a good understanding of SQL.
* J2EE Container knowledge (ideally using a recent version of Weblogic Server).
* Basic UNIX skills (ideally under Solaris).
* Experience of unit testing (ideally using JUnit) and build tools (Maven / Ant).
* User Interface Design and templating utilising the Tiles framework.
* Experience of using and integrating with a CMS (ideally Fatwire & Broadvision).
* J2EE EJB development (Entity Beans, Message Driven Beans and Session Beans)..
* Strong background in an agile methodology.
* Understanding of the Loyality and Travel business
* Experience of using and integrating with SOAP based web services.
* Knowledge of PL/SQL would be advantageous.
* Knowledge of usability & accessibility with an understanding of cross-browser development.
* Awareness of Web Based Development Tools (e.g. Mozilla Firebug).
Key Personal capabilities
* Team player and ‘can do’ attitude that work under pressuirsed enviornment
* Experience of designing & building multi-tiered and multi-threaded distributed applications.
* To be able to manage a number of activities concurrently demonstrating good time management and prioritisation skills, as well as be willing to help others.
* Excellent communicator (written & oral) with exceptional interpersonal skills.
* Desire and ability to learn new skills and languages.
* Demonstrate the ability to understand the bigger picture liaising with business users.
interested Candidates are requested to send their resumes to email@example.com with subject “Java C++ Developer”